POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Walking Along a Path WIP1 : Re: Walking Along a Path WIP1 Server Time
23 Apr 2024 22:43:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Walking Along a Path WIP1
From: Rune
Date: 22 Oct 2001 14:29:14
Message: <3bd4657a@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:
> I fear that my algo for foot placement is totally
> different from yours:  I have a system which will
> allow easy switches (different movement parameter
> files) between say walking, running, stair
> climbing. I don't want to tamper with it this far
> down the road.

You're right, the walk cycles need to be rewritten completely in order to
adapt them to my system. I will also have to do that with my own walk
cycles. I intent to do that, but I also have the advantage that I know the
technique well.

> I'm trying to decide whether to do this or get more
> realistic hands & fingers.

Go with whatever you feel like. That's what I always do anyway... :)

> I was inspired by this "walking on a curve" concept after
> reading in a 3d magazine where some genius programmed
> people walking in "flocks": they ambled through a crowd,
> avoiding neighbors while going on a basically circular,
> random path.

Hmm, I could do that I guess. I've done flying flocking algorithms before,
and it shouldn't be too difficult to adapt it to walking creatures. Not
right now, but once I get better control over this walking technique, I
might give it a shot. :)

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)