POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Quintoped : Re: Quintoped Server Time
25 Apr 2024 12:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quintoped
From: Rune
Date: 21 Oct 2001 09:38:12
Message: <3bd2cfc4@news.povray.org>
"Warp" wrote:
> I think the movement is suprisingly natural (although
> I suppose that the algorithm is quite simple).

I'm not sure if you mean for this quintuped only or if you also mean for the
biped I posted earlier. (I don't think the biped walks very realistically.)
Anyway, they use the same algorithm. The movement from one step location to
another is very simple right now - just some simple sin() functions.

The difficult part if to find the step locations and times in the first
place, and to set up correctly the code so it moves the right feet between
the right locations and the right times.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)