POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : is this bug or floating point error (noise on torus) : Re: is this bug or floating point error (noise on torus) Server Time
23 Apr 2024 02:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: is this bug or floating point error (noise on torus)
From: Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba
Date: 12 Mar 2001 05:34:31
Message: <3aaca637@news.povray.org>
Ron Parker wrote in message ...
> I wonder if it has anything to do with the definition of EPSILON.

Perhaps, but when I replaced camera with typical perspective (with the same
locattion and image sizes) bugs disappeared.

I found at polysolv.c definition of SMALL_ENOUGH with value 1.0e-10 and it is
rather small enough but in torus.c there is value ROOT_TOLERANCE with 1.0e-4 and
I think this is the problem.

Is there any reason why such limitiations can't be changed from script level ?
Perhaps optional float parameter to keyword sturm could help. I haven't windows
compiler (only djgpp or cygwin) but I prefer adventage of build-in editor.

ABX