POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Rotate around central axis : Re: Rotate around central axis Server Time
18 Apr 2024 16:28:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rotate around central axis
From: Philippe-H Cadet
Date: 19 Dec 2000 20:08:30
Message: <3a40068e$1@news.povray.org>
news:3a3f2399@news.povray.org...
> Philippe-H Cadet <del### [at] videotronca> wrote:
> : Hi. I have tried for months to find a way to rotate an object around it
> : central axis. How can I do that?
>
>   Easy:
>
> translate -ObjectCenter
> rotate whatever
> translate ObjectCenter
>
>   You'll have to define ObjectCenter yourself.

Yes but ObjectCenter. How can I find that if it is not necessary a cube?
Note:
I thought about translating the global x,y,z axis on the center of the
object and then after, rotate then translate back the global axis where it
was before. But the aigain there is no functions that I know to translate
the global axis.

Philippe