POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A slightly different Trivariate (130KB) : Re: A slightly different Trivariate (130KB) Server Time
19 Apr 2024 22:49:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A slightly different Trivariate (130KB)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 21 Apr 2002 05:04:36
Message: <3CC280A3.BA2517A4@gmx.de>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> The 3D grid of control points for this shape
> is less "disturbed" than the grid used for the
> trivariate shape in my "A Trivariate NURBS
> function" image posted here a couple of days
> ago. (The random translation of the control
> points away from a cube grid is less severe.)
>
> I have divided the trivariate into 8 subpatches
> in an attempt to show the "internals" of it.
>
> The triangles are just simple triangle{} shapes.

I must say i don't know enough about NURBS to seriously comment your
efforts, but it looks interesting.

Are there any free modellers for NURBS that produce a usable data output?
I think generating such things by hand is probably quite difficult for
serious modeling work.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,