POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Almost Sphere Spirals (109 KB) : Re: Almost Sphere Spirals (109 KB) Server Time
25 Apr 2024 08:40:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Almost Sphere Spirals (109 KB)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 25 Jan 2002 02:35:43
Message: <3C510AC8.CB9FABE3@gmx.de>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> I'm not sure if this image is finished
> or not now.
>
> What do you think ?
>
> Should I change something ?

If that surface structure is a normal you could make it part of the
isosurface geometry.  Apart from that, do you have 'normal on' in
radiosity?

> I should probably mention that I had
> to "hand correct" the finished image
> somewhat at the sphere's "south pole".
>
> (Because there seems to be some
> calculations that are not calculated
> correctly by POV-Ray. Increasing
> max_gradient or accuracy did not help
> at all.)

I think it's quite obvious that spiral structures lead to infinite
gradients which can't be rendered correctly under all circumstances.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>