POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Walking Along a Path WIP1 : Re: Walking Along a Path WIP1 Server Time
23 Apr 2024 20:00:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Walking Along a Path WIP1
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 24 Oct 2001 17:14:39
Message: <3BD72F08.BD1CF9EE@aol.com>
John VanSickle wrote:

> I use two splines, one for the direction the model is walking and the
> other for the direction the model is facing as it walks, so that
> models can walk sideways, backwards, and turn as they walk.

Could you please post the code for a typical walk path?  Everyone's own
walking figures will work differently, but I'm at the square one of how to
define a curve that is smooth in povray.  Also, are you able to determine
the path length between two points on your path?

I had my own run-ins with splines and heard about the 3.5 bugs so I have
have had this on the back shelf.