POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Walking Along a Path WIP1 : Re: Walking Along a Path WIP1 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 02:46:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Walking Along a Path WIP1
From: John VanSickle
Date: 24 Oct 2001 16:40:47
Message: <3BD728FF.20917112@hotmail.com>
> I'm working on such techniques. The attached animation is a very early
> test. Never mind the crude model and the simplified walk motion. What
> matters right here is the basic functionality that makes the feet
> follow the spline and move them nicely from one position to another
> with no slippage.

The Greb, TC and Joe from my IRTC entries use a combination of
macros to accomplish walking.

The overall one takes two splines, a given time, an offset into the
spline, an upper and lower bound, the step length, the time needed to
make the step, the time to wait between steps, the up direction, and
the offset of the foot's place from the path, and from this generates
the location of the foot at any given time.

I use two splines, one for the direction the model is walking and the
other for the direction the model is facing as it walks, so that
models can walk sideways, backwards, and turn as they walk.

Simulating a human walk is much more ambitious...

Regards,
John
--
ICQ: 46085459