POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Walking Along a Path WIP1 : Re: Walking Along a Path WIP1 Server Time
24 Apr 2024 21:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Walking Along a Path WIP1
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 22 Oct 2001 13:51:27
Message: <3BD45C4D.1F5CEC04@aol.com>
I *may* be smart enough to code my own version, but I don't think my brain can
follow what you're doing in your code.  And I fear that my algo for foot
placement is totally different from yours:  I have a system which will allow easy
switches (different movement parameter files) between say walking, running, stair
climbing. I don't want to tamper with it this far down the road.

I'm trying to decide whether to do this or get more realistic hands & fingers.

I was inspired by this "walking on a curve" concept after reading in a 3d
magazine where some genius programmed people walking in "flocks": they ambled
through a crowd, avoiding neighbors while going on a basically circular, random
path.