POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Call for Mac programmers : Call for Mac programmers Server Time
20 Jul 2024 21:30:55 EDT (-0400)
  Call for Mac programmers
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 21 May 2001 15:21:01
Message: <3B096AA5.77BDF6F6@comtrade.ee>
Hello!

I received today mail, where one person was interested in Mac version of
POVMan (POVMan is patched version of MegaPov, which adds support for
renderman shading language in object pigments and contains cloth patch
from Christophe Bouffartigue). I personally don't have access to Mac and
I have no experience in this platform, so
is there someone with experience in programming and helpful enough to
compile POVMan for Mac?
I guess, that if everything wents OK, then it shouldn't be more than
setting up environment and recompilation (although I know nil about Mac
and it is always possible, that something non-portable will pop out).
If someone is interested, then please contact me or respond to this
message.

Couple of questions to start with:
Shading language source code uses lex and yacc, is there according tools
for Mac platform (I guess that at least gnu versions, flex and bison,
should be available?) If not, then it is probably possible to generate C
source code on another platform (Linux, e.g.) and convert there files to
Mac format. I've done similar thing for Windows version, so in theory it
works.
Are there issues between different MacOS versions? I.e. should the
compilation be made for specific OS version or could executable be run
on any version? Unfortunately I don't know, which version person, who
requested this, uses...

TIA
Vahur Krouverk