POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : is this bug or floating point error (noise on torus) : Re: is this bug or floating point error (noise on torus) Server Time
16 Apr 2024 11:10:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: is this bug or floating point error (noise on torus)
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 12 Mar 2001 05:47:50
Message: <3AACA979.46C1084F@aetec.ee>
Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba wrote:

> Perhaps optional float parameter to keyword sturm could help. I haven't windows
> compiler (only djgpp or cygwin) but I prefer adventage of build-in editor.

You can use Borland's free command-line compiler to compile GUI version
of POV-Ray. Unfortunately Borland compiler's optimization is
non-existent (at least I am unable to produce faster code with
optimization) and rendering time for test-scene (skyvase.pov) is ca. 50%
slower than MS VC++ or Watcom code.