POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spherical Splash (75KB) : Re: Spherical Splash (75KB) Server Time
23 Apr 2024 03:14:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spherical Splash (75KB)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 6 Mar 2001 05:37:58
Message: <3AA4BE07.F09EDEB5@gmx.de>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> Again I've been travelling a bit, so there has
> been little time for POV-ing. But I started a
> couple of re-renderings of some of my old
> objects before I left.
>
> This is a radiosity version of my "Rotational
> iso-noise" (that I posted here back in Dec.-00)
>
> I took more than 2 days to render at a 200 MHz
> Pentium PC.

Isosurfaces and radiosity are indeed a dangerous combination.  If you use
a pigment function instead of noise3d things could even be much worse.

See for example:
http://www.schunter.etc.tu-bs.de/~chris/pov/iso_rock_01.jpg

which took 7 days with very poor radiosity settings.

Anyway Povray 3.5 will hopefully improve things...

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>