POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mushy Sphere (37KB) : Re: Mushy Sphere (37KB) Server Time
20 Apr 2024 05:42:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mushy Sphere (37KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 19 Feb 2001 20:52:06
Message: <3A91CD4B.39018B53@hotmail.com>
Sigmund Kyrre Aas wrote:

> Nice! I've admired many of your mathematical images, but the texures
> have been less than astonishing :) I'm happy to finally see you
> experimenting with textures and radiosity!

Thanks Sigmund.

It has been a long time since I've heard from
another Norwegian in here.

Yes I know. You're very right about my textures :(

I have had a tendency to only use plain pigments
and some 3 or 4 standard POV-include textures.

The reason for this might be that when I have
been thinking of an "geometrical" idea for a day
or two (or ten ), and then found a solution, done
all the macro writing and simplifying, I have no
more patience to tweak textures.

(I only get frustrated when I can't get the
textures to behave as I want.)

So unfortunately I just skip that texture part,
and then jump to the part where I can use my
code to build the shapes I've been "seeing".

The reason for not using those Cool-Tools
within MegaPOV is that I have been afraid that
I should like them so much that I would get
very angry at my slow PC.

--
Best regards,

Tor Olav