POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mushy Sphere (37KB) : Re: Mushy Sphere (37KB) Server Time
24 Apr 2024 23:52:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mushy Sphere (37KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 19 Feb 2001 20:35:02
Message: <3A91C949.76C54552@hotmail.com>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
> >
> > I just found that POV-Ray had finished this image for me :)
> >
> > This image also has an "overexposed" area, as Christoph
> > mentioned about my "Other Bonds" image.
> >
> > Again I have borrowed code from others:
> >
> > For the radiosity settings I started with those in
> > Xplo's post to povray.text.scene-files in August:

> > (Ermm... I modified them without knowing what I was doing.)
> >
> > And for the textures and colors I modified (slightly)
> > those that Gilles posted here:

> > The rendering time this for this image was about 6 hours.
> >

> You might try reducing the light source a bit (to reduce the overexposure)
> and set recursion_limit to 2 to weaken the strong shadows in the back
> sections.

I have now dimmed down the main light source and reduced the
recursion_limit from 4 to 3 and started a new rendering.

Hopefully I'll see the result tomorrow when I come home from work.

> Also could use an isosurface instead of normal, i posted some
> comparison test some time ago:

But would this be possible when the shape is made with CSG ?

... Or are there any "iso-normals" in MegaPOV ?

> Subject: Re: YMFWR
> Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000
>
> Of course that would be *really* slow...

I'm to tired now, so I'll have to look into that tomorrow.

Thanks again for your advice.

--
Best regards,

Tor Olav