POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Other Bonds (52KB) : Re: Other Bonds (52KB) Server Time
20 Apr 2024 07:54:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Other Bonds (52KB)
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 17 Feb 2001 18:35:19
Message: <3A8F0AF2.13DF4825@kivisalo.net>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> I have seen nice radiosity images posted by Gilles, Xplo
> and Kari, but I'm not able to tell how they differ.
>
> Can anyone please try to explain me what I should look
> for when comparing those images ?

I have tried to to use pov radiosity to simulate the actual physical
energy transport process from the virtual environment through monitor
to the viewers eyes, within the limits of pov's capabilities of course.
One key element is missing in those experiments but once I find a way
to get 48bit output from pov expect to see some more tests.

Xplo optimises radiosity quality/render time and Gilles optimises
visual quality :)

Kari Kivisalo                                  http://www.kivisalo.net