POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Other Bonds (52KB) : Re: Other Bonds (52KB) Server Time
25 Apr 2024 10:39:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Other Bonds (52KB)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 17 Feb 2001 17:59:44
Message: <3A8F0261.3859B799@gmx.de>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> Thank you Steve, Setep and Christoph for encouraging me
> to do more of these.
>
> This time I followed Christoph's advice to use change
> texture and use radiosity.
>
> But since I'm not familiar with radiosity settings,
> I borrowed some code from a POV-file that Gilles Tran
> posted to povray.text.scene-files back in August:

> This is my first radiosity image. And my P100 used about
> 70 minutes to render it.

I looks good, the bright parts are a bit overexposed.  The radiosity
settings seem quite good, i suppose you used the same values Gilles used
in his picture.

> I have seen nice radiosity images posted by Gilles, Xplo
> and Kari, but I'm not able to tell how they differ.
>
> Can anyone please try to explain me what I should look
> for when comparing those images ?

The main problem about radiosity pictures are of course artefacts, a
strong normal like in your picture often avoids this to some extend.  Have
you had a look at my radiosity tutorial?

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>