POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Certainly NOT an iso-image (62KB) : Certainly NOT an iso-image (62KB) Server Time
24 Apr 2024 00:24:27 EDT (-0400)
  Certainly NOT an iso-image (62KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 15 Dec 2000 23:04:49
Message: <3A3AE912.8DDE13B@online.no>
I just browsed through my older renderings
and found this one that I did one year ago.

Seeing this image reminds me of those days
when I could render an image and actually
WATCH while the image was being rendered.

So now I'm very tempted to leave the isos
for a while and do some CSG-images.
They used to render faster than 1 pps !

When I made this image I had just finished
an attempt to make a 3D model of a nearby
company's logo. And then I wanted to see
how it looked if I laid it down on it's
side and spread several copies of it
around in a circle. I liked it.

What do you think of this image?

One thing bugs me though: The fact that
now I'm sitting here wondering if this
image could have been done with a couple
of iso-surfaces (@ 1E-6 pps on my P100 :)

Hmmm... Maybe I'm a little bit mad...

Tor Olav
--