POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Logo Contest voting... : Logo Contest voting... Server Time
25 Apr 2024 05:30:52 EDT (-0400)
  Logo Contest voting...
From: Rune
Date: 20 Oct 2000 17:26:58
Message: <39f0b8a2@news.povray.org>
A few days ago I posted a message asking if we should skip the voting part
of the Logo Contest. I myself thought that the voting would be pointless, so
I thought that we should skip it. I didn't get so many replies, but it
seemed like people generally agreed with me.

Anyway, based on my own opinion, as well as the replies I got, I have come
to the conclusion not to skip the voting. (You hadn't expected that, had
you!)

One reason is, that since my last message a few more logos have been
submitted, and maybe even more will be before the deadline. With at least 4
logos I think it's best to have a voting after all (and more fun!).

So I will organise a voting after the submission deadline is reached
(October 31).

I will use the priority voting system like I did in the old competition.
Only, I will add the option to vote logos "not worthy". That way we will be
able to see if people actually consider the winner logo good enough to
become the official logo.

Unlike to old competition voting, this time I plan to use a web-based voting
form. Voters must write their e-mail address so the vote can be verified,
and so I can mail people if their vote doesn't make sense, and so I will
notice if the form mistakenly send me two copies of the same vote.

Ok, what do you think of all this? Some comments would be appreciated! :-)

The POV-Ray Logo Contest:
http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/logo/logo.html

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated October 9)