POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Concave shapes (43KB) : Re: Concave shapes (43KB) Server Time
25 Apr 2024 10:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Concave shapes (43KB)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 5 Oct 2000 11:29:14
Message: <39dc9e4a$1@news.povray.org>
"John VanSickle" <van### [at] erolscom> wrote in message
| Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
| >
| > Yesterday I did some more work on some CSG-macros of mine.
| > They will "round off" any concave shape made with intersections
| > of planes, like the upper left shape.
|
| Nota bene:  The shapes depicted are convex, not concave.

Well, not if you put the camera inside  :-)
You're quite the wizard with this kind of thing Tor, manipulating CSG
objects.  I just wanted to say that.
Any chance this could merge with one of the rock making includes?  Then
again, if this is slow and the rock makers are already slow it might be too
much for the typical scene file.
If the amount of roundedness can be adjusted it certainly could do well for
worn edges of such shapes anyway.

Bob