POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : "Section B" Done! : Re: "Section B" Done! Server Time
25 Apr 2024 16:23:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Section B" Done!
From: C J
Date: 5 Sep 2000 16:06:33
Message: <39b55249$1@news.povray.org>
This may be the cause...

quote from Crosswinds Team:
====================
"September 5, 2000, 12:55pm Network woes and UUNet
Scott received an email this morning from our backbone provider that UUNet
will blackhole (completely cut off) Crosswinds servers if we do not
terminate a person that SPAMMED UUNet customers using a CW url. This
blackhole will begin September 1, 2000. We received the email September 5.
See the problem? ..."

It seems that the spam originated from another server, but crosswinds had
some sort of ad running (weird...).

CW is dealing with UUNet to resolve the problem.