POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spikes (40KB) : Re: Spikes (40KB) Server Time
23 Apr 2024 11:15:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spikes (40KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 28 Oct 2000 21:04:50
Message: <39FB770B.723330EB@online.no>
Mick Hazelgrove wrote:

> One question; I get a vertical line on my columns where the patern meets and
> doesn't line up - how have you avoided this.

Hello Mick

I'm glad that I have inspired you :)

The above description sounds like the same
problem as I met too.

I've forgot what exactly caused this, and I
haven't been able to make the code generate
them again.

So therefore I'll just post the source code
for the "spikes" image so that maybe you can
work it out yourself.

(I believe that the error had something to do
with the floor part in the MidOfAgateSquare
function. The cones seemed to pick up pattern
values from neighbour squares. The +0.5
offset in this function was also in error.)

If this doesn't help, then you may show me
what you are doing and I'll try to spot the
error again.

Regards,

Tor Olav
--