POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Iso Columns (90KB) : Re: Iso Columns (90KB) Server Time
28 Mar 2024 14:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iso Columns (90KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 26 Oct 2000 14:35:31
Message: <39F87919.58F94DAD@online.no>
Hello everyone !

Thank you for replying to my post and thank you for
your compliments.

The patterns that are involved in the rendering are:

bozo (i.e. noise3d)
granite
agate (modified by noise3d)

The agate pattern modifies the radius of the columns.
(There is a function that fetches the "field strength"
of the agate pattern at the centerline of the cylinders
and uses this value to modify their radius.)

The bozo pattern "turbulates" the cylinders.

And a small amount of the granite pattern adds a stony
look to the surface of the cylinders.

I have posted the source code to povray.text.scene-files:

Regards,

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom