POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Inside the Crackle pattern (161KB) : Re: Inside the Crackle pattern => Source posted & Some problems (30KB + 28KB) Server Time
24 Apr 2024 02:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inside the Crackle pattern => Source posted & Some problems (30KB + 28KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 18 Oct 2000 11:30:35
Message: <39EDC0F6.9E6AFC2B@hotmail.com>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> I'll post the source soon.

I have now posted it to povray.text.scene-files:

After studying the image, I have now found that there seems to
bee some problems with this rendering: Some of the spheres are
not completely round and some "false" odd shaped shadows
appear.

See the first attached image.
(Yellow arrows for cut spheres and red arrows for false shadows.)

Has anyone else seen these kind of errors with iso-surfaces before ?

If I remove my no_shadow keyword from the code, then many
more "odd shaped" shadows appear. See the last attached image.

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'isoerrors.jpg' (29 KB) Download 'isoshadows.jpg' (31 KB)

Preview of image 'isoerrors.jpg'
isoerrors.jpg

Preview of image 'isoshadows.jpg'
isoshadows.jpg