POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Delving into the bozo world (144KB) : Re: Delving into the bozo world (144KB) Server Time
19 Apr 2024 20:17:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Delving into the bozo world (144KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 17 Oct 2000 19:47:43
Message: <39ECE408.B2CA6857@hotmail.com>
ian mcdonald wrote:

> Interesting. :)
> I would have used shades of grey, as red and blue 'hurt' to look at.

I agree that the colours are not nice. I'm doing a new rendering now,
with the crackle pattern, where I have given all the spheres a light
blue
pigment.

And with a light source that fades with distances, this makes the
colours of the spheres to vary from deep blue to almost white.

> How did you position the spheres according to the isosurface?

I let the iso-surface do the work itself.
(-By using a pigment function inside an if statement. If the pigment
value in the middle of a "subcube" in 3D-space is above a certain
limit/threshold, a function is called to make a sphere in this
"subcube".
Else a constant outside the limit is returned.)

Unfortunately I have lost the source code for the image I posted,
but I'll soon post the code for the new image I'm rendering.

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html