POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Surface of antiblobs (52KB) : Re: Surface of antiblobs (52KB) Server Time
29 Mar 2024 08:00:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Surface of antiblobs (52KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 28 Aug 2000 17:33:58
Message: <39AAD987.C8971111@online.no>
David Fontaine wrote:

> Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
>
> > Now I just have to figure out how to make these
> > blobs centres distribute evenly within this
> > surface (or any surface in 3D) ...
>
> Sounds extremely hard.

I hope not !

I have an idea of simulating some kind of forces between
the blob centres (that are close enough to each other),
and then let many iterations move them in small steps at
the time (within the surface) until all the forces on each
blob sums to a force that is normal to the surface (where
the blob's centre is).

> Have fun...

I will (if I can find time for it ...)

Tor Olav