POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : sPatch & HammaPatch : Re: sPatch & HammaPatch Server Time
23 Apr 2024 08:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sPatch & HammaPatch
From: Peter Cracknell
Date: 12 Jul 2000 13:15:39
Message: <396ca7bb@news.povray.org>
OK I am good at making a big ununderstandable waffle, I'll briefly explain.
The original model is of 8 points, consisting of two circles of four points
connected symmetrically by lengths making a cylinder.  The aim is to add 4
more ponits, a new circle in the middle.  One way would be to using the add
tool (shortcut A) a four new nodes along the lengths of the cylinder making
4 nodes with two lengths each side:

-----
|  |  |
|  |  |
-----

TO:

-----
|  |  |
* * *
|  |  |
-----

Where the *'s are new nodes.  Simply then just join these nodes up
horizontally (after creating them vertically).  Thats the best I can do to
explain it.

Peter Cracknell

www.petecracknell.co.uk

TigerHawk <tig### [at] sticnet> wrote in message
> > There are two ways I have experimented with to achieve this, though
> > obviously not as fast or easy as they could be.  THe first is simply to
move
> > one of the points towards the middle and extrude downwards - this does
not
> > work if you already have a large cylinder though.  The second you many
not
> > be aware of is creating another circle, placing it in the middle and
> > attaching all the nodes the joining lines.  It does mean you have to
> > manually re create the piece in the centre and right click all the nodes
in,
> > but it does work.  Maybe a good suggestion would be a function whereby
the
> > number of extrusions can be multiplied by a factor, to complicate/more
> > populate the mesh without manually doing it.  Well I hope thats not too
much
> > of a mess.
>
> Hmm...what I don't understand is how one can add the circle to the others?
If