POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : (Off topic) General modelling programs? : Re: (Off topic) General modelling programs? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 06:11:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (Off topic) General modelling programs?
From: TigerHawk
Date: 13 Jul 2000 12:54:11
Message: <396DF3AC.F7E86D14@stic.net>
> I actually haven't used Blender much.  Without documentation easily to hand
> (e.g. POV's excellent help file) it's slightly awkward to learn - for me
> anyway.  But, as Ken has said in this thread, it *is* capable of producing some
> excellent results.  As with anything, it just takes time.

Blender seems to have great features, but, yes the documentation is weird, and I
don't like the unsizeable window (on my old monitor I could hardly run it). I'm
sure you could make great things with it, I am just saying that I haven't seen
anything great, least not as great as the Pov-Ray IRTC entries (though I think a
few might have actually used Blender....hmmm)

Happy Tracing,
Tim Soderstrom