POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : (Off topic) General modelling programs? : (Off topic) General modelling programs? Server Time
29 Mar 2024 02:06:07 EDT (-0400)
  (Off topic) General modelling programs?
From: TigerHawk
Date: 12 Jul 2000 18:29:37
Message: <396CF0C9.5556CB42@stic.net>
First, done misunderstand me - Pov-Ray is wonderful and amazing (as is
Moray, btw). But for a current project I am undertaking, I need
something that is more general - for on the fly based rendering so I
need a general format for objects (not scenes, but actual objects). I've
been hunting around the povray links page and have yet to find something
that might work for me (aside from sPatch, but I also need more precise
inorganic objects that can be done in sPatch, but not easily :) so I was
hoping someone could direct me somewhere to a freeware, or better but,
no cost modeller that can output in more standard file formats (even a
RAW would work :)

Thanks!

Tim Soderstorm
TigerHawk