POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : sPatch & HammaPatch : Re: sPatch & HammaPatch Server Time
18 Apr 2024 11:37:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sPatch & HammaPatch
From: TigerHawk
Date: 12 Jul 2000 12:56:06
Message: <396CA29C.64EC9553@stic.net>
> There are two ways I have experimented with to achieve this, though
> obviously not as fast or easy as they could be.  THe first is simply to move
> one of the points towards the middle and extrude downwards - this does not
> work if you already have a large cylinder though.  The second you many not
> be aware of is creating another circle, placing it in the middle and
> attaching all the nodes the joining lines.  It does mean you have to
> manually re create the piece in the centre and right click all the nodes in,
> but it does work.  Maybe a good suggestion would be a function whereby the
> number of extrusions can be multiplied by a factor, to complicate/more
> populate the mesh without manually doing it.  Well I hope thats not too much
> of a mess.

Hmm...what I don't understand is how one can add the circle to the others? If
you have 2 circles joined together:

------      <-circle
|      |       <-joining points
|      |
------      <- circle

How can you fuse the third on?  Because there is already a nicely created series
of patches. That's what I am having trouble with, adding things like that to go
from simplistic to complex. I'm 'kinda' following both of you, but not really :)
(ryan: I wouldn't mind seeing your spatch portion of your model if that okay).
Anyways, I hope HamaPatch solves some of these problems (though right now, and
no offense to the author, I prefer sPatch because it doesn't crash and I can
change the grid colors :)

Happy tracing,

Tim Soderstrom
TigerHawk