POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dog Bone with Yellow Peas (44 KB) : Re: Dog Bone with Yellow Peas (44 KB): The Image Server Time
25 Apr 2024 01:49:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dog Bone with Yellow Peas (44 KB): The Image
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 8 Jul 2000 22:37:38
Message: <3967E4EA.5D8BED36@online.no>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> A dumbbell with no-slip grip might have been a better choice of words  :-)

I have never had problems with dumbbells
slipping out of my hands !  =)

> Seeing objects follow the contours of a 'blob' is no less than amazing to me.

I'm only using some macros (in plain POV)
to make a 3D-map of the accumulated "field
strengths" of the different components in
the blob.

Other macros then use this 3D-map to
select points in space with the "right"
"field strength".

These points can again be used for new
components in a blob or for placing other
objects.

> Have you done more exotic shapes?

No not yet.

I don't have much experience with blob