POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Two Blobs (14 KB) : Re: Two Blobs (14 KB) Server Time
25 Apr 2024 03:34:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Two Blobs (14 KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 26 Jun 2000 11:30:20
Message: <39577684.362EF60F@online.no>
Jerome wrote:

> Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
> > The image shows one blob wrapped around
> > the surface of another one in a random way.
> >
> > Could this be useful for any scenes ?
> >
> > Please comment.
> >
>         trace()?

No ... ehh .... what is trace() ?
Is it a function in one of the new patches ?

I'm only using plain POV v3.1.

A macro I made calculates where the surface of a blob is.
(The red one in this image.) I used information from this macro
to place the spheres in second blob (the white one).

The removing of the "ice" in some areas is done by inserting some
spheres with negative strength randomly around on the surface.