POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Twisted Lathe (35 KB) : Twisted Lathe (35 KB) Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:50:58 EDT (-0400)
  Twisted Lathe (35 KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 3 Jun 2000 19:34:32
Message: <3939960B.D322FE9B@hotmail.com>
Here is the result of my recent experimenting
with lathe macros (cubic_spline).

One macro generates the basic 2D lathe co-ordinates
(as in my postings to this news group 23. May
and 25. May).

And then some other macros I made recalculates
these co-ordinates for further "twists" and does
all the necessary cuts, "tilts" and translations.

I believe that the re-calculated lathe co-ordinates
can also be used and for prism shapes connected
to such lathe shapes. (I have not done this yet.)

Any comments or suggestions ?

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html

Btw: This twisted lathe has a "minor radius"
defined by this function:

2/3*cos(4*Phi) - 1/3*sin(6*Phi - pi/2)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: