POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass Flower (62KB) : Re: Glass Flower (62KB) Server Time
19 Apr 2024 00:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass Flower (62KB)
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 18 May 2000 14:01:51
Message: <39243199.807B1675@unforgettable.com>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> This is the same shape as in my "Another Quiz"
> posting. This time there are 4 of them (as in
> the code for the solution), and now they are
> made of glass.
>
> Please comment.

Very nice model, but I don't like the background colors much.

Also, real glass tends to exhibit variable reflection; in my own
experiments I've found that type 0 with a falloff power of 2 or so
provides a fairly realistic look (though it may not be mathematically accurate).

The highlights seem a little large in places.

--
Xplo Eristotle
http://start.at/xplosion/