POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playing with CSG (44 KB) : Re: Playing with CSG (44 KB) Server Time
19 Apr 2024 07:51:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing with CSG (44 KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 15 Apr 2000 21:07:19
Message: <38F911EE.A010E5@hotmail.com>
Xplo Eristotle wrote:
> Neat.

Thank you.

> Looks a bit balloony, though,

Hmmm... Maybe I overdid this a little bit.
(I think some of the radiuses are to small and some are to big.)

> and I can't help wondering how
> texturing would work with this.

Any suggestions?

> On an completely different note, the rounded-off parts where the spokes
> meet the outer wheel REALLY remind me of welds.. though, of course,
> they're far too smooth.

                            :)

One of the things that have inspired me to start this work
is weldings on several tubes around in the city where I live.

And I agree with you: It really is to smooth.

But again if one look closely at welds they are smooth in
their own way! (I find them difficult to model accurately.)

--
Tor Olav