POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : String literals can only be 125 characters long : Re: String literals can only be 125 characters long Server Time
27 Sep 2024 18:34:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: String literals can only be 125 characters long
From: Ron Parker
Date: 4 Jun 1999 10:58:51
Message: <3757db9b.0@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 03 Jun 1999 19:45:59 -0700, Jon A. Cruz wrote:
>Spider wrote:
>
>> Samuel van Egmond wrote:
>> >
>> > You are a very funny spider!!!
>> >
>> > Good one....
>> >
>> > Samuel.
>> LMAO ....
>> Actually, there are several bugs in the concat() code.. parser not
>> caring for end ) in some cases, not error reporting and some other
>> stuff.
>>
>> //Spider
>
>so, should I go in and tweak all the string handling to deal in Unicode,
>and also take out the limits while I'm in there?

No, you should tweak it to work in whatever the current encoding is.
Not that there's any distinction, for now, but what if someone adds
a multibyte encoding later?  Keep in mind that that means the encoding
has to be specified first, because it affects parsing, which is not like
all the other global_settings.