POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : Idea: Sprite rendering option : Re: Idea: Sprite rendering option Server Time
18 Apr 2024 23:05:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Idea: Sprite rendering option
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 10 Jan 1999 15:10:57
Message: <36702A8B.D1EDECEF@Kopp.com>
Here's the solution that I use:  I render the image at much higher resolution
than I intend to use, with antialiasing turned OFF.  Then I open it in a paint
program that handles transparancy (I use Paint Shop Pro 5).  Next, I remove the
background color, then resize the image down to the size I want.  PSP does a
good job resampling, so you get the effect of antialiasing but the edges
antialias to the alpha channel instead of to black.

-Nathan