POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Cylindrical Height Field include file for Tmpov : Cylindrical Height Field include file for Tmpov Server Time
26 Apr 2024 16:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Cylindrical Height Field include file for Tmpov
From: Jerry Anning
Date: 29 Aug 1998 20:18:32
Message: <35E88C48.94A83F03@dhol.com>
I have attached an include file (it requires Tmpov) that allows you to
wrap a height field around all or part of a horizontal or vertical
cylinder, with many options.  Among other things, the height field can
stick out of the cylinder, cut into it, or do a combination of both.
Expanded forms of water_level are also implemented.  Documentation is in
the include file.  Some (fairly lame) sample pictures are posted at
povray.binaries.images.  I plan to make this work under 3.1, and also to
add support for wrapping spheres, tori and other things.  I would
appreciate bug reports.

Jerry Anning
cle### [at] dholcom

Post a reply to this message