POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Question: Equations in 3-Space : Question: Equations in 3-Space Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  Question: Equations in 3-Space
From: Michael Bruce
Date: 27 Jul 1998 13:56:43
Message: <35BCB12B.E2919581@ic.net>
I've just started messing around with POV Ray, and I have a question
that I'm hoping gets my feet off the ground.  I'm trying to product a
visual graphic of a 3D shape that can be defined using a mathematical
equation.  For example, given any equation that defines a paraboloid in
3-space, how would I generate it along with the X, Y, and Z axes?  I'm
interested in viewing the shape with respect to the coordinate axes, so
it is desired to show the axes as well (with defined tick marks along
the axes).

I trust that this is a straightforward task for more experienced user of

POV, so any help is truly appreciated.  Also, I know there is a news
group dedicated to POV, but unfortunately I've been unsuccessful at
subscribing to it.

Thanks in advance,

Mike Bruce
mpb### [at] icnet