POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Testing of Tree Making Utility.. : Testing of Tree Making Utility.. Server Time
19 Apr 2024 16:03:37 EDT (-0400)
  Testing of Tree Making Utility..
From: Thomas Charron
Date: 4 Jan 1998 12:00:42
Message: <34AFC03A.354F3EEB@sampo.creighton.edu>
Hello, everyone..  As of late, I've been working on a utility for
making tree's with Pov-Ray.  Now, these are VERY complex tree's, not
just a couple of cylinders, but LOTS and LOTS of cones, placed in such a
way to make them look VERY realistic.  This program is a work in
progress, and is in NO WAY, SHAPE, or FORM ANYWHERE near finished.  I
figured I'd put it out for people to play with and see what they
thought.  I was originally making it to create objects for a scene I was
going to submit to the IRTC, but unfortionatly, most of December was
taken over by a work project.  PLEASE provide feedback, and let me know
what you think..Attached is a sample image, the perl script, and the
Win32 executable. The Win32 executable is actually just the perl script
converted over with perl2exe for Win32.   Both output a file named
tree.pov, with one huge CSG object.  The output is rather verbose, in
case you didn;t notice..  ;-P  Please, feedback is welcome and
encouraged...

    Thomas Charron

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'tree.jpg' (70 KB) Download 'us-ascii' (5 KB) Download 'tree.exe.dat' (618 KB)

Preview of image 'tree.jpg'
tree.jpg