POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : With all the talk of color, HCY : Re: With all the talk of color, HCY Server Time
19 Apr 2024 15:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: With all the talk of color, HCY
From: INVALID ADDRESS
Date: 29 Nov 2016 00:16:30
Message: <271651330.502088923.895653.gdsHYPHENentropyAThotmaolDOTcom@news.povray.org>
> I have never heard of HCY. Is there any documentation about it?
>
> Mike

I don't know if you saw my other post, but I included the links referenced
by the source of that method.

This page goes over many different models, and there is some chart they
made with markers as well that is of unknown veracity.
www.wolthera.info/?p=726

Do let me know what conclusion you come to, because I am not well versed in
color models, and find HCY to be very intuitive, easy to use and that it
gets the exact results I am looking for.

These next few links show the output of a Sirohi RD system using HCY, which
is very different than he precise same inputs to HSB;

Movie, Flickr did some unfortunate compression on (the stills are of better
quality):
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/gds-entropy/31157486571/

Frame 2000:
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/gds-entropy/30438914664/

Frame 400:
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/gds-entropy/30438884034/

How far from HCL is this? It behaves quite differently from other models
from what I can tell.

Ian