POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Someone made Processing output Pov, and Toxiclibs : Someone made Processing output Pov, and Toxiclibs Server Time
18 Apr 2024 23:29:06 EDT (-0400)
  Someone made Processing output Pov, and Toxiclibs
From: INVALID ADDRESS
Date: 26 Nov 2016 04:39:03
Message: <2121985152.501844574.324677.gdsHYPHENentropyAThotmaolDOTcom@news.povray.org>
Something I found which seems interesting for those of us who also use
Processing, is an exporter...quite interesting really and given Processing
is really just a very limited IDE on top of a class library....options come
to mind...many of them.

Processing export:
www.github.com/monkstone/processing-primitives/

Toxiclibs export:
www.github.com/monkstone/povmesh/

www.martinpblogformasswritingproject.blogspot.com/2012_05_01_archive.html

The Processing one is terribly dated, but work seems ongoing. It looks like
there is a dead link to a "PovExporter" project, and a reference to a
"generativedesign" library....

I am going to contact this person to see what is going on, and what the
plans are. I will post what information I am given.

This my be quite interesting if it is more than simple primitives, and one
of the entries seems to mention mesh generation...PovRay plus Processing
would be powerful indeed if the connection via SDL output is significant
enough, and I don't really need to comment about what can be done with
Toxiclibs...

The thought of being able to use Java to create PovRay scenes is very
attractive...

Ian