POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Weird behaviour : Re: Weird behaviour Server Time
25 Apr 2024 07:02:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Weird behaviour
From: John Coppens
Date: 15 Aug 2008 10:28:53
Message: <20080815112852.a771ff10.john@johncoppens.com>
On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 05:46:33 +0100
Mike Williams <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:

> >Hi John, any chance you could post larger images? It's difficult to
> >tell what's going on there.
> >
> >  And I think povray.binaries.images would be the right place to post
> > them
> >other than here.
>
> I suspect that seeing the images probably won't help. Can you create a
> small scene file that shows the effect and post it to an appropriate
> povray. group?

Hi Mike, Steve.

No, I haven't been able to find a way to simplify it. I'll post a larger
image later. The weird thing is:

The entire scene is contained in a 2 by 2 by 2 area. If I add the new
object far away (at more than 20 units), it _still_ causes the
transparency problem, so I guess I'm hitting some limit in PovRay. I went
through all the global_settings, tried extreme values, compared the
povray outputs with and without the object, no luck.

I've now tried to install the beta 3.7 version, but the binary won't run
because of a known timing problem, and I can't compile the source,
because the shared version of the boost libraries wasn't installed when I
installed _those_...

John