POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Walking Along a Path WIP1 : Re: Walking Along a Path WIP1 Server Time
19 Apr 2024 20:39:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Walking Along a Path WIP1
From: Reusser
Date: 18 Oct 2001 19:54:58
Message: <181020011849428088%reu1000@chorus.net>
In article <3bcf5a23@news.povray.org>, Rune
<run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote:

> Some of you may have seen my previous walk experiments with simple walk and
> run cycles. (They can be found on my website.)
>
> Such simple walk cycles are nice if you want a character to walk with
> constant speed along a straight line.
>
> If however you want it to walk with variable speed along any given path
> (such as a spline), somewhat more sophisticated techniques are necessary.
>
> I'm working on such techniques. The attached animation is a very early test.
> Never mind the crude model and the simplified walk motion. What matters
> right here is the basic functionality that makes the feet follow the spline
> and move them nicely from one position to another with no slippage.
>
> Well, just wanted to share it. Comments always appreciated.
>
> Back to work...

Despite the simplified walk, it looks pretty good.  You did a great job
of simulating the way a real non-linear walk looks.  (I tried walking
around the room a couple of times.)  Amazingly, I was just beginning to
work on the character I had made a while ago in order to make little
guys walk through the mirror puzzle I posted in p.b.i.  Keep up the
great work!

My one question is whether this is a persistent animation or a regular
clock-based animation.  I would assume that it is clock-based, right?

 - Rico