POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Who unsubmitted? : Re: Who unsubmitted? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 03:31:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Who unsubmitted?
From: Chris Holtorf
Date: 13 Nov 2004 10:19:13
Message: <1104_1100359323@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 20:34:46 -0800, Mike Thorn <mik### [at] realitycheckmultimediacom>
wrote:
> Christoph Hormann wrote:
> > That's comletely up to you but if you think your second entry is/will be
> > much better than the first you might want to do the second one as a
> > replacement anyway.  You are also free to show your images (for example
> > in p.b.i.) and ask others which they think is better.

" Even just from seeing the one image that has been revealed (I don't remember the
author...I
  believe the name of the image was "Girl With An Earring" or something along that
line), I can
  tell you that my entry is completely different, technically and thematically."

   I agree with Mike. My image also has a totally different theme to the one he
mentioned as well.
Do many of the other CG contests run with a wide open theme ?
   I also posted a version of my own image to p.b.i. and got some great feedback - and

probably another hundrerd hours or so of modeling, texture and trial renderings.
Isn't this fun :)

Chris Holtorf