POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovRay Google Trends : Re: PovRay Google Trends Server Time
27 Sep 2024 19:02:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay Google Trends
From: INVALID ADDRESS
Date: 17 Nov 2016 17:58:32
Message: <1102007046.501116160.375102.gdsHYPHENentropyAThotmaolDOTcom@news.povray.org>
> Am 17.11.2016 um 22:06 schrieb Stephen:
>
>>> (2)  If some reasonably intelligent person is trying to explain to me
>>> the silly thing their computer is doing, once I walk into the room, it
>>> will immediately stop doing it.  It will be fine.  I just tell them that
>>> I have the magical power to heal computers.
>>>

>> A can of WD40 or compressed air is invaluable for the Ju Ju. ;)
>
> If you're working on embedded systems, then compressed air can indeed
> take you a long way in debugging ;)
>
> I once spent hours beside a climate chamber to hunt for a bug that the
> hardware guys couldn't figure out.

I still shudder when recalling some work I did in the hardware abstraction
layer. Firmware and drive work isn't quite as fun as building higher level
stuff, for me at least, mostly because of debugging.

You could sentence criminals to X years of HAL work and I think it might be
a very effective crime deterrent!

Ian