POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : REQ: Hi Quality Planets : REQ: Hi Quality Planets Server Time
28 May 2024 19:50:47 EDT (-0400)
  REQ: Hi Quality Planets
From: Alan McFarlane
Date: 28 Feb 1970 19:10:59
Message: <01bd44a5$4e379500$9c19e8c3@cyrix-586-100>
OK Guys - This one should be easy...!

I'm looking for a set of POV (3.x) scene files for rendering planets for a
game I'm writing...

Each planet has a series of characteristics, size, atmosphere, H20% etc. If
anyone can come up with a series of POV scenes (preferable with some sort
of randomization - as I need around 150,000! images) I would be most
grateful.

The planets should have a typical (if there is such a thing) landmass
outline - if any - if 100% H20 - no land mass, and have a decent cloud
cover. If you can come up with moons, asteroids, satellites (not man-made)
and even the odd sun - so much the better. Also, if anyone manages to
generate a decent set of far objects - like other galaxies etc...

Images will be rendered around 100x100 to 300x300 in 24bit, but eventually
ported down to 8bit.

Version 1 of the game will be due out for release fairly shortly, FREE
Copies to everyone who contributes
--
Alan McFarlane