POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Eagle 3D File will not render : Re: Eagle 3D File will not render Server Time
24 Apr 2024 18:13:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eagle 3D File will not render
From: Laurence H Smith
Date: 3 Mar 2007 14:30:05
Message: <0001HW.C20F0CBE000401ECF0182648@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 11:47:58 -0800, Thorsten Froehlich wrote
(in article <45e87f72@news.povray.org>):

> Laurence H Smith wrote:
>> I get a progress screen for Rendering, which it takes about 1.5 hours to
>> finish, but nothing shows up.
>
> So you turned preview off? There must have been some messages that told you
> what happened and where the file was saved...

Unless preview is set to OFF by default, I didn't turn it off. There was no
message that I could find and I searched my Hard Drive and could not find the
file with that name.

>> Move the same file over a PC and ran the file. Loaded in less the 5
>> seconds,
>> Rendered at low Res. in less than 20 seconds.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>
> The Mac doesn't have enough memory to load the file, so it has to swap. At
> least that is the most likely guess. -- You did not provide enough useful
> information for anybody to provide you with any help that will actually help
> you. One can only guess...
>
> 	Thorsten

I am guessing you need more information about my computer. It is a 17"
PowerBook G4.
  CPU Type:	PowerPC G4 (1.5)
  Number Of CPUs:	1
  CPU Speed:	1.67 GHz
  L2 Cache (per CPU):	512 KB
  Memory:	2 GB
  Bus Speed:	167 MHz
  Boot ROM Version:	4.9.6f0

The file Micro.pov is 388 KB. It took 13 minutes and 38 seconds to load. I
didn't try to Render because I didn't want to wait another 1.5 hours to find
out it didn't work.

In the preferences for POV-RAY under "Scenes", I added "Macintosh
HD:Applications:POV-RAY:Include:" This is the only thing that shows up in
Scenes.

Could you use more information?