POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : trace pixels to object they represent in scenes involving reflections Server Time
27 Jul 2024 07:55:47 EDT (-0400)
  trace pixels to object they represent in scenes involving reflections (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: mirrorguy
Subject: trace pixels to object they represent in scenes involving reflections
Date: 26 Jul 2024 15:25:00
Message: <web.66a3f6ebf52e949b689a3d2ec2594d66@news.povray.org>
hello all. I have an application where I would like to render scenes involving
multiple mirrors and I would like to be able to trace which object is
represented by a given pixel or region of pixels in a rendered image and if
possible get some kind of backtrace of mirrored surfaces the raytracer
encountered while rendering the pixel(s).

Is there a way to do this and if so where would I look to find out how? Thanks.