POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : jack_sketch.jpg Server Time
28 Mar 2024 20:36:38 EDT (-0400)
  jack_sketch.jpg (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Mike Miller
Subject: jack_sketch.jpg
Date: 6 Apr 2023 17:50:00
Message: <web.642f3e1a7f8d23b259197626dabc9342@news.povray.org>
Preliminary sketch for undated Jack in the box scene. Picturing an old basement
workbench. Dark contrast lighting - aged walls and wood plank bench.
Miller

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'jack_sketch.jpg' (2305 KB)

Preview of image 'jack_sketch.jpg'
jack_sketch.jpg

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: jack_sketch.jpg
Date: 7 Apr 2023 04:04:03
Message: <642fce73$1@news.povray.org>
Op 6-4-2023 om 23:48 schreef Mike Miller:
> Preliminary sketch for undated Jack in the box scene. Picturing an old basement
> workbench. Dark contrast lighting - aged walls and wood plank bench.
> Miller

Good sketch. It certainly helps to visualise the workflow.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Le 2023-04-06 à 17:48, Mike Miller a écrit :
> Preliminary sketch for undated Jack in the box scene. Picturing an old basement
> workbench. Dark contrast lighting - aged walls and wood plank bench.
> Miller

You published the scene file a long time ago and I have rendered it. The
only problem was that the required image files where missing. Made do
with my own substitutes.

Post a reply to this message

Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> > Preliminary sketch for undated Jack in the box scene. Picturing an old basement
> > workbench. Dark contrast lighting - aged walls and wood plank bench.
> > Miller
>
> You published the scene file a long time ago and I have rendered it. The
> only problem was that the required image files where missing. Made do
> with my own substitutes.

Do you know the year? I've done a few Jack heads - I should have the maps.
I can upload if you what.
Mike.

Post a reply to this message

"Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:
>
> > > Preliminary sketch for undated Jack in the box scene. Picturing an old basement
> > > workbench. Dark contrast lighting - aged walls and wood plank bench.
> > > Miller
> >
> > You published the scene file a long time ago and I have rendered it. The
> > only problem was that the required image files where missing. Made do
> > with my own substitutes.
>
> Do you know the year? I've done a few Jack heads - I should have the maps.
> I can upload if you what.
> Mike.

Hi Mike,

Alain is mentioning MJACK from 1994:

https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/?ttop=440232&toff=235

https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3C4d07ba8b%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=440232&toff=235

I think it will be the smoke and the chip maps that are missing (maybe others).

Colin.

Post a reply to this message

> > > You published the scene file a long time ago and I have rendered it. The
> > > only problem was that the required image files where missing. Made do
> > > with my own substitutes.
> >
> > Do you know the year? I've done a few Jack heads - I should have the maps.
> > I can upload if you what.
> > Mike.
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> Alain is mentioning MJACK from 1994:
>
> https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/?ttop=440232&toff=235

https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3C4d07ba8b%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=440232&toff=235

> I think it will be the smoke and the chip maps that are missing (maybe others).
>
> Colin.

Thanks Colin,
I forgot I had converted this 3DS Max scene to POV...a ton of smooth triangles.
:) I came across my old sketch for this and thought I'd take a stab at
remodeling this completely in POV.  I'll see if I can find the old maps for the
original scene.

Attached is my current progress for the printed circuit board.
Mike.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'jack_pc_board.jpg' (630 KB)

Preview of image 'jack_pc_board.jpg'
jack_pc_board.jpg

Op 08/04/2023 om 22:34 schreef Mike Miller:

> Attached is my current progress for the printed circuit board.
> Mike.

I assume that you will include JackGPT version 6 or higher?  ;-)

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> Op 08/04/2023 om 22:34 schreef Mike Miller:
>
> > Attached is my current progress for the printed circuit board.
> > Mike.
> >

> I assume that you will include JackGPT version 6 or higher?  ;-)
>
> --
> Thomas

LOL...just uploaded a somewhat 'finished' version of the pc board. I included
the texture map for the chips - ready for customized graphics.  :)

Post a reply to this message

Le 2023-04-08 à 16:34, Mike Miller a écrit :
> "Colin Fleming" <Colin Fleming> wrote:

>>> Do you know the year? I've done a few Jack heads - I should have the maps.
>>> I can upload if you what.
>>> Mike.
>>
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> Alain is mentioning MJACK from 1994:
>>
>> https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/?ttop=440232&toff=235

https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3C4d07ba8b%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=440232&toff=235

>> I think it will be the smoke and the chip maps that are missing (maybe others).
>>
>> Colin.
>

> Thanks Colin,
> I forgot I had converted this 3DS Max scene to POV...a ton of smooth triangles.
> :) I came across my old sketch for this and thought I'd take a stab at
> remodeling this completely in POV.  I'll see if I can find the old maps for the
> original scene.
>
> Attached is my current progress for the printed circuit board.
> Mike.

WOW !
In your original scene, the components where part of the image.

Post a reply to this message

Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> >> Hi Mike,
> >>
> >> Alain is mentioning MJACK from 1994:
> >>
> >> https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/?ttop=440232&toff=235

https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3C4d07ba8b%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=440232&toff=235

> >> I think it will be the smoke and the chip maps that are missing (maybe others).
> >>
> >> Colin.
> >

> > Thanks Colin,
> > I forgot I had converted this 3DS Max scene to POV...a ton of smooth triangles.
> > :) I came across my old sketch for this and thought I'd take a stab at
> > remodeling this completely in POV.  I'll see if I can find the old maps for the
> > original scene.
> >
> > Attached is my current progress for the printed circuit board.
> > Mike.
> >

> WOW !
> In your original scene, the components where part of the image.

Yeah,
I'm not real sure why I converted the Max files to POV triangles. I probably
hadn't start using metalRay or Vray like plugin in 94.

Attached is a quick rendering showing the current remodeled parts. The soldering
iron 'which will be in the foreground' is my next model.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'jack_2_parts.jpg' (488 KB)

Preview of image 'jack_2_parts.jpg'