POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Still here / game stuff :) Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:02:56 EDT (-0400)
  Still here / game stuff :) (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Pekka Aho
Subject: Still here / game stuff :)
Date: 11 Mar 2023 07:20:00
Message: <web.640c70d155c76947c800eadc47dba873@news.povray.org>
Heyas, been having some break in POVing for a while now, but still here and
alive. :D For the last year or two been busy creating music for a side-project
and also coding my old-school space adventure game in addition to other life
matters. Anyway, here's an image from '19 that I revisited some time ago and
replaced the central object that originally was a random flower kind of thingy
but now follows the actual game story/lore. Thus, a frame for a mysterious
device is in place.

Also, slight pixelation added in post-processing for that lil' pinch of older
game feel to it. :) Furthermore, this image will actually be the title screen
for the sequel, once I get that far ofc. This is a kind of a lifework that I
started in 2018, and so far having plenty of material for several game parts
already. But at least I've got a lot of plans for the upcoming years and even
decades so that life won't get boring any time soon. :D

For those interested in this project of mine, feel free to visit my blog (which
I admit I update way too rarely, heh):
- https://alienroosterhead.com/

Soundtracks I've made so far:
- https://soundcloud.com/alienroosterhead

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'rg15_upper_res_pix_01.png' (313 KB)

Preview of image 'rg15_upper_res_pix_01.png'
rg15_upper_res_pix_01.png

"Pekka Aho" <kuu### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Heyas, been having some break in POVing for a while now, but still here and
> alive. :D For the last year or two been busy creating music for a side-project
> and also coding my old-school space adventure game in addition to other life
> matters. Anyway, here's an image from '19 that I revisited some time ago and
> replaced the central object that originally was a random flower kind of thingy
> but now follows the actual game story/lore. Thus, a frame for a mysterious
> device is in place.
>
> Also, slight pixelation added in post-processing for that lil' pinch of older
> game feel to it. :) Furthermore, this image will actually be the title screen
> for the sequel, once I get that far ofc. This is a kind of a lifework that I
> started in 2018, and so far having plenty of material for several game parts
> already. But at least I've got a lot of plans for the upcoming years and even
> decades so that life won't get boring any time soon. :D
>
> For those interested in this project of mine, feel free to visit my blog (which
> I admit I update way too rarely, heh):
> - https://alienroosterhead.com/
>
> Soundtracks I've made so far:
> - https://soundcloud.com/alienroosterhead

Very cool Pekka. I love the image - a place I'd like to visit. - works well for
your blog masthead. Your soundtracks are hypnotic - very well. What is Roosters!
programmed with? Would love to check it out.
Mike.

Post a reply to this message